Discussing EdTech Trends
Gaia Technologies was very happy to make contribution to the FutureSource Consulting fringe event held at BETT 2019.Head of Education, Bernard Dady, was one of three panelists who discussed EDTech trends in Sweden, the USA and UK. The panel was chaired by Ben Davis (seated left) from FutureSource and featured inputs from Frederick Linnander from Online Partners from Sweden, seated right and next to, Pete Koczera from CDWG (USA). The group discussed the following topics in front of a multinational audience at he Crowne Plaza Hotel:
- Uptake of mobile user devices in schools
- Issues relating to cyber security
- The move towards cloud storage and services in education
- Collaboration in the classroom through interactive panels and connected devices
- Emerging technologies, including augmented and virtual reality
A key observation was evidence by uptake data for mobile devices and display panels. Clearly in the UK adoption of of mobile devices is relatively low compared with Sweden and the USA. This reflects differences in district wide procurement, adoption of on-line assessment and differing pedagogy. Conversely, adoption of interactive display is much higher in the UK than Sweden, reflecting the dominance of instructional and presentational teaching methods. This pattern is also driven by earlier Government promotion of interactive whiteboards.