Google have just announced that world wide 90 million students and educators are using G-Suite. At the same time they announced new features, some available now and others in beta stage.
Some key one’s of interest are:
- Collaborate on Microsoft Office: You can edit Office files from Docs, Slides, and Sheets, without converting file types, and tap into G Suite features, such as Explore.
- Google Drive: You’ll soon be able to edit the metadata in Drive, to better organise and search by tagging files.
- Google Docs: With Comparison in Docs, you’ll soon be able to compare two Google Docs and review the differences as suggested edits in a new Doc, perfect for the grading experience.
- Google Sheets: Connected Sheets will soon let you collaborate on up to 10 billion rows of BigQuery data right from within Sheets, without needing SQL – perfect for viewing data like grades, and analyzing progress with formulas and pivot tables. Coming soon, themes in Sheets will allow you to quickly style Sheets elements, like charts and pivot tables.
- Google Slides: The ability to use closed captions in Google Slides (a favourite of educators), and the ability to add audio files from Drive into Google Slides.
- G Suite Enterprise for Education only: Hangouts Meet: Live streaming is now available, where you can stream to up to 100,000 out-of-domain users. We’ve also increased the number of participants up to 250, from 100. You can also now use your mobile device on audio-only mode with Hangouts Meet, making lessons more accessible even on poor network connections.
You can find out more directly from the Google blog.
Did you know that Gaia Technologies is an accredited Google For Education Partner?
As a Google For Education Partner, we have a wide range of experience and expertise and are able to provide you with the best-fit products from across the Google For Education range.
Google For Education offers a solution built for teachers and students, which can comprise a mix of market-leading productivity tools, affordable and easy to manage devices and classroom management tools . Gaia as Google For Education partners can provide easy tools to engage students whenever, wherever, on any device.
Gaia would also be very happy to run a Google familiarisation event for your MAT or community of schools free of charge. If you want to explore G-Suite, procure a Chromebook solution or implement a Google Education solution we can help. Contact us for a no obligation discussion.